Information for Landlords
Landlords are required by law to ensure:
- That the electrical installation in a rented property is safe when tenants move in and maintained in a safe condition throughout its duration.
- That a House in Multiple Occupation (HMO) has a periodic inspection carried out on the property every five years.
- If your property is not an HMO, you are not legally obliged to do this. However, we recommend that a periodic inspection and test is carried out by a registered electrician on your rental properties at least every five years.
- That any appliance provided is safe and has at least the CE marking (which is the manufacturer’s claim that it meets all the requirements of European law).
- To meet these requirements a landlord will need to regularly carry out basic safety checks to ensure that the electrical installation and appliances are safe and working.
Armour Solutions recommend:
- That a visual inspection of the property is conducted between tenancies
- Making sure that your property has adequate RCD protection
- Using a registered electrician for any work on your property
- Carrying out regular safety checks on the electrical appliances provided as part of the rental agreement.
From private dwellings to fully integrated commercial sites we have the solution for your needs.
Most fires are preventable. Armour Solutions work with commercial and domestic organisations managing fire safety and prevention.
Armour Solutions have provided Leeds East Academy with outstanding fire detection servicing, products and advice for 4 years. Paul and his engineers have been reliable, professional and able to support our system when other companies have been unable to. We would recommend Armour Solutions to anyone looking for a fire system contractor.
Premises and Projects Leader - Leeds East Academy
Manchester City Football Club have been working with Armour Solutions for 6 years. They provide fire alarm systems across the Etihad Campus in Manchester. Armour Solutions are reliable and professional. We have built up a trustworthy relationship using their fire safety knowledge. They offer a service supported by qualified technicians who are responsive to our business operational requirements.
Pete Goodwin (Head of Maintenance)
Manchester City Football Club